Importing from China:
Importing from China to South Africa can be a daunting experience – the only guarantee you have is to do your homework and extensive
research, and even then, it may not be enough. Entrepreneur Magazine
Blue Five Imports and Distribution has been established to assist business in South Africa to import goods from China.
We handle the following aspects on behalf of the client:
• Price negotiations – we have an agent (ex South African) who lives in China and understands their business culture.
• Samples – Samples can be shipped to our address in China, where it will be checked for quality and accuracy, according to clients’ specifications.
• Quality control – During and post production inspections can be done, prior to shipment.
• Language and Cultural Barrier – Our agent can do negotiations Chinese, which eliminates a lot of confusion and frustration.
• Forwarding, Shipping, Clearing – We handle all administration including insurance, until and including delivery at the client’s premises in South Africa.
Our agent living in China reduces the risk exponentially and saves our clients thousands, due to the fact that he acts on our behalf when visiting potential suppliers, providing us with a full report on each, gathering of samples, quality checks, direct and cost effective shipment of samples, attending the production processes, quality inspections before shipment, negotiations in Chinese, etc.
Our Shipping agent does everything else to assure that the shipment arrives at our local address on time, insured.
Due to this streamlined benefit and approach, which has allowed us some leverage in the South African import market, we have decided to extend our knowledge and services to other importers in South Africa, small or big.